Student wellbeing from Inspire
Inspire Wellbeing provides expert, confidential wellbeing services for students, aimed at helping them deal with challenges in their academic and private lives.
Student and staff counselling
Inspire’s team of qualified, professional counsellors provides solution-focused brief therapy. This means
- therapy focuses on outcomes and goals
- sessions focus on solutions to the problem or issue
- counsellors work with the individual to identify the strengths, skills and resources they can use to tackle the issue
- sessions encourage the individual to believe that positive change is possible
Our counselling service is available 24 hours, every day of the year. We can provide counselling for students and staff.
Team members can contact our helpline at any time. We operate round the clock, every day of the year.
When someone calls, they’ll speak to our support team who can provide immediate support and information. The support team will set up an appointment with a counsellor if that’s what the caller wants. We always have a counsellor on standby for crisis situations.
A qualified, professional counsellor will contact the person within 5 days to go through a short assessment. This helps us understand exactly what support each person needs.
Counselling can happen online, over the phone or in person – whatever suits the person best. They’ll see the same counsellor for each of their sessions.
Counselling can happen online, over the telephone or in person.
A counselling session typically lasts 50 minutes. Some people will get what they need from one counselling session, while other people benefit from more regular sessions. We can provide up to 6 sessions and we’ll arrange these to fit around the person’s schedule.
Confidentiality and professionalism
All counselling sessions are confidential. We don’t disclose the details of discussions to employers or commissioners. You can be sure that we respect your right to privacy. Your team can access our counselling services directly, without having to go through an internal referral process.
Our counsellors are all qualified, experienced professionals who are committed to providing the right support at the right time.
How counselling helps
Counselling helps you to look inward to identify the strengths, skills and qualities you have and to apply these to the issue you’re dealing with.
Counselling isn’t about someone telling you what to do. It’s about having a safe, confidential and respectful place to explore your concerns without fear of judgement or stigma.
Counselling helps you find strategies to manage the issues that are impacting on your mental health and wellbeing.
We know that some people struggle to reach out for help. They’ll need extra information and support to encourage them to have that first conversation. Our digital wellbeing hub gently encourages students to prioritise their emotional and mental health using guided, interactive learning modules and helpful information in simple language.
Students will be able to instantly access professional, helpful content to aid them in their personal wellbeing journey as well as
- a guided self-assessment tool that will pinpoint the content that users will find most beneficial
- guided self-study courses underpinned by cognitive behavioural therapy informed self-assessment
- regularly updated ideas to help connect with people, become more active, take notice, keep learning and give back
- online chat to guide users through the hub and refer into our counselling service
- a self-referral option to allow users quick, painless and confidential access to counselling
- personalised dashboards allowing users to track key wellbeing metrics like sleep and mood
Latest news and features
Inspire was established in 1959 and is one of the largest providers of mental health, autism, intellectual disability and addiction services in Ireland.
With that comes years of knowledge, experience and expertise which we share in our blog, providing updates on the latest developments in mental health and wellbeing and on our innovative services and approaches.